Elopement Boho Styled Shoot at Stone Mountain Park with Sabrina Fattal Photography and Corianne Elizabeth.Read More
Happy Leap Day! Welcome to our Leap Blog!
Enjoy the great ideas, tips and inspirations as you Leap along through the blog leap.
You may just be starting the blog leap or may have come from Katie Snyder Photography. If you get off track at any time, the full lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you make sure to see and learn from all of the articles featured here today.
Getting engaged can be such an exciting time, and for many, it's when your obsession with Pinterest begins. Most of my brides hire me as soon as they choose their bridal gowns, and this is essential because your gown, hair, makeup and accessories are all a part of your bridal style.
When I speak with my clients one of the things I ask them to do is send me their bridal Pinterest boards or to create a board of hairstyles and makeup looks they want for their wedding day. This helps me as your artist to better understand what you desire: as your version of "natural makeup" may not be what I interpret as "natural makeup." After years and conversations with many brides and many clients, I want to offer you some advice, so that you are pleased with your bridal look and beauty experience.
- Think about the season and your venue - Be sure to keep your venue in mind when looking at photos. For example, if you are getting married outside in a botanical garden will you want all of your hair down? The answer will be different for each person, but keep things like this in mind.
- Your complexion - When looking at photos of different makeup looks, look for individuals who skin tone is similar to yours. If you have very tan, olive skin, it will be difficult for you to picture yourself with certain looks if you're pulling a lot of photos of models/brides who are extremely fair.
- Your day-to-day look - Consider how much makeup you wear on a daily basis and how you typically wear your hair. To go from no makeup to "smokey eye, contour, red lip," is too much for most people. This is not to say it never works, just consider your comfort zone.
- Hair color and thickness - For sometime now, braids and whimsical updos, have been quite popular in the bridal world. The intricacy of braids show up best on those with blonde, light colored or highlighted hair. A braid can be incorporated into almost any style, but may have a very different feel depending on the color and length of your hair. The same is to be said for thickness. A messy, whimsical updo works best on those who don't have thick hair.
Most importantly, remember that YOU are beautiful. Your features, your hair, your eye color is what makes you beautiful. We live in a world where just about every photo we see has been edited somehow. I can't tell you how many times I've had clients ask me why they can still see their pores, when I've completed their makeup look. It's important to understand that the photos you see on Instagram are highly edited 90% of the time. It's unfortunate that even most makeup artists edit their photos so much, you are unable to really see the quality of their work. But real people have pores! . . . And there is nothing wrong or unattractive about that! My job isn't to change what you look like, my job is to enhance your beauty and to help you make YOUR statement as a bride.
The next stop is Elle Golden Photography, on Irene Tyndale Events’s Blog Leap! Thanks for visiting and I hope to see you again next month!
Blog Leap Line-Up
1. Irene Tyndale at Irene Tyndale Events
2. Katie Snyder at Katie Snyder Photography
3. Corianne Elizabeth at Corianne Elizabeth Makeup
4. LeiLani Golden at Elle Golden Photography
Stay Beautiful! . . . Inside and out.
It's October ... I mean, I seriously cannot believe it is already October! I know people always say every year goes by so quickly, but THIS year is almost over!!!
It has been a busy, hectic, and fun year. And I have had so many weddings these past few months! I don't know about other wedding vendors, but for me, between May and October go by in a daze! Plus I was honored to be the hair and makeup artist for The 9th NotWedding Atlanta event last week (more on that soon)!
I honestly feel like I have the most amazing clients! Not only are my brides amazing, but their friends, bridesmaids, mothers, aunts, and grandmothers are also fabulous!
When a bride contacts me, very rarely is she interested in makeup just for herself. 95% of my brides want their entire bridal party to look their most beautiful ... I mean let's think about it, the investment that you make for the photographer and videographer ... Everyone needs to look fab!
A couple of weeks ago, I had the privilege of working with Ashlee who I has already gotten to know quite well. Her maid of honor, Nikkee, contacted me about a trial and we have had a great time ever since! It was a such a joy seeing all of them have such a great time enjoying the morning together and getting glammed up!
I did hair and makeup for the bride and mother of the bride (and even changed the brides hair up for her reception as well). I also got to do makeup for the 5 bridesmaids. Rachel, who was one of those bridesmaids was kind enough to send me a selfie a few days ago.
She wrote the sweetest note and gave me the best compliment ever! She is naturally quite gorgeous so glamming her up was a lot of fun! She seriously smokin' hot!
Thank you Rachel for this photo, your spirit, and kindness! I look forward to the day when I can work with you again. The entire bridal party was so attentive to Ashlee and you could feel the love. And I'm already excited to see some of the professional photos :-) The wedding took place at Primrose Cottage, which has a lovely bridal suite and is perfectly photogenic.
For me it's so much fun to create different looks for everyone, making sure everyone feels beautiful and is comfortable. It's important to make sure that "glam time" is stress free, full of laughter, beautiful memories, and flawless faces!
Stay beautiful! ... Inside and out